Written by Carly Phillips
1. Around 120,000 marriage ceremonies are performed each year in Las Vegas.
2. The most expensive wedding dress cost 12.2 million dollars. It was designed by Martin Katz and Renee Strauss and had 150 carats of diamonds.
3. Queen Victoria’s wedding cake weighed a massive 300 pounds and was three yards in circumference.
4. Why are engagement rings worn on the left ring finger? It was believed that a vein ran from that finger directly to the heart.
5. Actress Grace Kelly wore a dress made from 125 year-old Brussels lace on her wedding day.
6. The average engagement in the United States lasts 15 months.
7. 67% of women continue to wear the same fragrance they wore on their wedding day.
8. 52 songs – the ideal playlist for a three-hour party
9. 120 is the average number of guests that will show up to a wedding.
10. A pearl engagement ring is said to be bad luck because its shaped like a tear.
11. The length of an average honeymoon is eight days.
12. The longest wedding dress train measures 1.85 miles long.
13. The ring Jay-Z gave to Beyoncé when he proposed is 18-carats.
14. Only 19% of brides hire a wedding planner.
15. Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December
16. New York City (Manhattan) is the most expensive place to get married.
17. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran was the most popular first dance song in 2016.
18. 77% of grooms still ask the bride’s father for her hand.
19. An average of 44,230 weddings take place each weekend.
20. 43% of weddings are officiated by a friend or family member.
21. 340,000 destination weddings take place each year.
22. October is the most popular wedding month.
23. The average age of first marriage in the United States is 27 for women and 29 for men.
24. May is apparently the unluckiest month to marry in.
25. Something blue stands for purity, love, and fidelity.
26. 45% of proposals take place in a public location.