- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in the milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to cook until mixture begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Carefully whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Once the eggs are fully incorporated, add them back to the pot. Continue to boil for one more minute. Remove pudding from heat.
- Pour pudding into individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for several hours until chilled. Pudding will thicken once it has chilled.