Corn with Spiced Bacon Butter
- 8 medium ears corn with shucks, or 4 cups frozen or canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz. (about 4 strips), cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme
- Kosher salt
- Leaving corn in shucks, place over direct heat on a grill over medium heat (450 degrees).
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning once, until corn is soft and cooked through. Let cool slightly.
- Remove shucks and cut corn from the cob. If using frozen or canned corn, cook corn according to package directions.
- In the meantime, combine next nine ingredients.
- Mix bacon butter mixture in with warm corn, stirring to coat corn.
- Season corn with salt.