Cornflake and Coconut Meringue Cookies
- 3 eggs whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups cornflakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Beat egg whites on medium high. Gradually add sugar. Continue to beat egg whites until sugar is dissolved and soft peaks form. Mixture will be very glossy.
- Gently fold in coconut, vanilla, pecans, and corn flakes. Drop heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake about 45 minutes until cookies are set. Remove from the pan to cool while they are still warm.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container.