- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ cups cooked, peeled, crawfish tails
- Fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cream, 1/3 cup at a time. Alternate with flour, whisking in flour one tablespoon at a time. Whisk until flour is incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Add Cajun seasoning, nutmeg, and white pepper.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, mixing until combined. Season with salt.
- Add crawfish tails and fettuccine. Thin sauce with additional cream if it gets too thick.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.