Eagle Eye Potato Rounds
- 3 large Russet potatoes, sliced into 1/3-inch to 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two medium-sized baking sheets with aluminum foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Arrange the potatoes out in a single layer on each sheet. Brush the tops lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fork tender 25 – 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, beans, corn, tomatoes and chili powder to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Remove potatoes from the oven. Sprinkle the tops lightly with about half the cheese. Spoon the corn mixture over the tops and press them gently into the potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of each one followed by a sprinkle of bacon.
- Preheat the broiler with the oven rack in the center. Place the potatoes under it until the cheese melts and gets a little toasty about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions, if desired.