Flim Flam Red and Blue Bundt Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- Red food color
- Blue food color
- 1 (12 oz) container white frosting
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan. Make cake batter as directed on box, using water, oil and egg whites. Divide cake batter into three cups. Add red food color to one bowl of batter. Mix batter and continue to add coloring until you reach the desired color. Add blue food coloring to the second bowl of batter. Stir and continue to add color until desired color is reached.
- Pour red cake batter into bottom of pan. Carefully pour white batter over red batter in pan. Then carefully pour blue batter over white batter. Do not mix! Each batter should “rest” on the layer beneath it. Blue batter does not need to cover white batter completely. You can leave it as a ring in the center of the white batter.
- Bake cake as directed or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting the cake onto a cooling rack. Cool cake completely, about 30 minutes, before applying the icing.
- When cake is cool, divide frosting evenly into 2 microwavable bowls. Microwave each bowl of frosting uncovered on high about 15 seconds until smooth enough to drizzle over cake. Stir in a few drops blue food into one bowl of frosting until the frosting reaches desired color and it evenly blended. Using a spoon, drizzle the frosting over the cake in a back and forth motion. Repeat with remaining bowl of frosting and red food coloring. Make sure red and blue frostings can be seen on the cake. Allow frosting to set before serving