French Dip Sandwiches
- 4 pounds rump roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (10.5 ounce can) beef broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce can) condensed French onion soup
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 6 French rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices Provolone cheese, optional
- Place roast fat side up in a slow cooker. Arrange onion slices over roast. Add beef broth, French onion soup, and beer.
- Cook on low for 5 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Shred meat.
- In the meantime, preheat the broiler. Spread butter over the inside of the rolls. Broil until rolls are toasted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pile sliced meat along the center of each roll. Top with sliced onions. Place a slice of Provolone over the top of each sandwich. Return to the oven and heat until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Season remaining juice with salt and pepper. Serve alongside the sandwich in individual bowls for dipping.