Pork and Pineapple Teriyaki Kebabs
For the teriyaki sauce:
- ¼ cup water
- 1tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
For the kebabs:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless trimmed pork shoulder or pork loin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes (pre-cut pineapple from the produce department works too!)
- 7-10 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Combine all ingredients for the teriyaki sauce mixture.
- Place pork loin pieces in a shallow bowl or resealable plastic bag. Pour ¾ of the teriyaki marinade over top. Reserve the remaining marinade for basting. Marinate for at least 1 hour, no more than 24 hours.
- Prepare a grill for medium high heat.
- Thread alternating pieces of pork and pineapple onto the skewers.
- Place kebabs on the grill and cook for 14 minutes, basting and turning halfway through.