Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 4 -6 chicken quarters, skin on
- 1 – 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- ½ lb. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry vermouth (Or white wine. You can also use chicken broth)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or 3-4 sprigs fresh oregano
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- Season chicken quarters with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Brown chicken on both sides in hot oil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken quarters over mixture. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.