Spiced Peach Jello Salad
- 1 (1 lb) can peaches in light syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (3 ounce) package peach flavored gelatin
- ¾ cup cold water
- Coarsely chop peaches. Set aside.
- Add enough water to reserved syrup to make ¾ cup. Pour syrup into a medium saucepan. Add vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add peaches and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup. Reserve peaches but pick out and discard cloves Add enough cold water to syrup mixture to make 1 cup.
- Add gelatin to syrup and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add cold water. Pour gelatin mixture into a mold or individual cups. Place in the refrigerator and chill overnight.