Summer Vegetable Kebabs
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise, then in half
- 1 zucchini, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 small summer squash, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- ¾ cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4-6 asparagus spears, cut to 3-3 ½ inches long
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, basil). You can also sub 2 tablespoons dried
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Thirty minutes prior to grilling, soak wooden skewers in water to prevent burning. Preheat grill.
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over the vegetables. Add the chopped herbs. Toss vegetables with the oil, vinegar, herb mixture until thoroughly coated. Let vegetables marinate for at least 10 minutes, no more than 30.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers. Place over hot coals. Grill for nine minutes on each side, 18 minutes total, until vegetables are tender.