Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken Sliders
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ teaspoon grated lime peel
- ¼ teaspoon lime juice
For the slaw:
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the sliders:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1 cup mixed greens or torn lettuce
- 8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, lime peel and lime juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the slaw ingredients. Chill both the sauce and the slaw until serving.
- To make the sliders, cut each chicken breast in half widthwise then flatten to ½-in. thickness.
- Mix together the cumin, chili powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Sprinkle each breast on both sides with seasonings.
- Place chicken on a prepared gas or charcoal grill. Grill for 6-7 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees and the center of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Place roll cut-side down on the grill for 30-60 seconds until lightly toasted.
- To assemble the sliders, place a small amount of lettuce and a tomato on each roll. Top with a chicken breast, cole slaw mix, then drizzle the top with the sauce.