Tortellini with Asparagus, Peas, and Mint
- Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne
- 1 lb. fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed of tough, woody stems, and cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces (leave the tips whole)
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas (or thawed frozen peas)
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 oz. fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large stock pot with about three quarts of salted water. Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, cayenne, and ½ tsp. salt. Set aside.
- Once your water starts boiling, add tortellini, asparagus, and peas and cook until the tortellini is al dente – about 2-3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water before draining the pasta and vegetables.
- Toss pasta and vegetables with the garlic-oil mixture.
- Add the pine nuts, mint, goat cheese and diced chicken and stir until the cheese melts. Add cooking water as needed to moisten the pasta.
- Season pasta to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.