Makes 20-24 meatballs
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, pulsed into crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup finely grated carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients except the turkey meat into a large work bowl.
- Once the ingredients are well-mixed, add turkey meat. Using your hands, combine all ingredients.
- Form meatballs into 2-1/2 inch balls (a cookie dough scoop works well).
- Place meatballs on a greased cookie sheet. Broil for 10 minutes until meatballs and brown and no longer pink in the center.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.