Walk of Champions Short Rib and Brie Sliders
- 5 pounds bone in short ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup red wine (may substitute chicken broth)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 8 ounces soft brie, sliced
- 20-30 sliders buns, toasted
- Six hours before: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high-heat. Season shortribs on all sides with salt and pepper. Add the ribs to the skillet. Sear the ribs until brown on all sides, about 1 minute per side. Remove the ribs from the pan and transfer them to a slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, red wine, garlic and ginger. Pour mixture over the ribs in the slow cooker. Add additional water until the ribs are at least half way submerged. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours or until the meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork. Shred the meat and keep on the warm setting until serving time.
- To assemble, place shredded beef on the bottom of a slider bun. Top with a slice of brie. The warmth from the meat should melt the brie. Top with the remainder of the slider bun.
Makes 20 sliders.