Zucchini Patties with Dill Dipping Sauce
For the dill dipping sauce:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
For the zucchini cakes:
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (about ½ of a medium sized onion)
- 1 cup Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- For the dip, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the cakes, place zucchini, carrot, and onion in a colander. Allow to drain for at least 2 hours. Blot any excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in a large skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Stir in eggs and butter. Add shredded vegetables and mix until everything is well-combined.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Shape zucchini mixture into small patties. Dredge in the flour, coating both sides, then place in hot oil. Fry for 7-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with dill dipping sauce.
- Makes 2 dozen cakes and ¾ cup dip.