Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces of plain feta cheese
- 4 ounces sliced Buffalo-style mozzarella cheese
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Gently wipe the outside of the mushroom with a damp paper towel. Remove and discard the stems. Then gently scrape out the inside (or gills) of the mushrooms using the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper
- Brush the mushrooms inside and out with the olive oil mixture. Place mushrooms on the grill and cook until the edges start to turn brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the grill. Spread an even layer of chopped tomatoes on each mushroom. Follow with a layer of feta and a layer of mozzarella cheese
- Return the mushrooms to the grill. Grill for approximately 12 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm.