- 2 cups day old bread, cubed
- ½ cup plus two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound ciliegine (small fresh mozzarella balls)
- 1 ½ cups basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread bread cubes out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with one teaspoon of salt and the Italian seasoning. Toss to coat. Bake for 5-10 minutes until croutons are slightly golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining olive oil, salt, vinegar, and black pepper. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, ciliegine, and basil. Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with toasted croutons.