Recipe and photography by Karen Gerard
Asian Noodle Salad
- 1 pound (16 oz.) spaghetti
- 1 (12oz) bag frozen edamame
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Prepare edamame according to package directions. Allow edamame to cool.
- In the meantime, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, sesame oil, and vegetable oil in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Drain pasta once it is al dente. Toss pasta with vegetables, cilantro, edamame, peanuts, and chicken.
- Pour dressing over salad right before serving. Toss to coat evenly.
Salad can be served warm or cold.