Recipe and Photography by Karen Gerard
- 170 g pecans
- 170g butter
- 200g sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 230g all-purpose flour
- egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 300° F. Toast pecans for 7 mins and cool. Process to a coarse meal and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add vanilla, egg yolk, bourbon, salt, and ground nuts.
4. Add in flour and mix until just incorporated.
5. Shape the dough into logs and refrigerate 1 hour or until well chilled.
6. Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice and egg wash cookies. Decorate with pecan pieces and bake 7 mins.
7. Cool on wire racks.
Store up to 3 days, freeze 1 month. Freeze raw dough logs in parchment paper and plastic wrap up to one month.