Recipe and photography by Karen Gerard
1 bag frozen tater tots
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4-6 slices of bacon, prepared and crumbled 1/4 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease a mini mu n pan and put two or three tater tots in each cup. Bake for 10 minutes and then
remove from oven and press the back of a wooden spoon into the tater tots to create cups.
3. Return to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes more. 4. Meanwhile, cook the beef and onions in a saucepan
until beef is browned and onions are softened and
5. Add the cheese soup, sour cream, half of the crumbled
bacon, and half of the cheddar, salt and pepper to
taste and mix.
6. Fill the tater tot cups with the beef mixture and top with
the remaining cheese and bacon. 7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Let cool 5 minutes and carefully remove cheeseburger bites from the pan with a small spatula. 9. Drizzle burger sauce onto mu ns and garnish with pickle slices or serve sauce in a dipping cup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard 4 slices kosher dill pickle 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.