Recipe and Photography by Karen Gerard
½ cup (1 stick) butter (at room temp)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Streusel: 1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat to incorporate.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix in until just combined.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and then mix in.
- Pulse the streusel ingredients just until it comes together if pinched between your fingers.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the streusel.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let your loaf rest in the pan for at 10-15 minutes, then pull out using the paper and cool on a rack.
- Drizzle with a mixture of powdered sugar mixed with just a small amount of milk until it’s able to be drizzled.