Recipe and photography by Karen Gerard
8 oz cheese of your choice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 13 oz can evaporated milk
1 small tomato, finely diced
1/4 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, cumin
4 oz can of chopped green chile
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
2 – 3 tbsp milk
Salt to taste
1. Shred or grate the cheese and toss with with the corn starch in a bowl.
2. Melt butter in a sauce pan and cook the garlic and onion in butter until soft and translucent.
3. Add the chopped tomato and cook for 2 minutes more. 4. Pour in the evaporated milk, starch coated cheese, chiles and spices and mix until fully melted and homogenous.
5. Stir in milk to desired consistency and serve warm.
6. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed jar or container and
reheat in the microwave.